Monday 24 October 2011

My Love Mondays - My Love For Coldplay

I am starting a meme for myself!  Unless anyone wants to join in, they can!  Mondays will now contain blogs about My Love For.... anything!  Today, because they released their 5th studio album, I begin with My Love For Coldplay!



Now Coldplay are definetely a love/hate band.  I love them but it becomes a taboo subject amongst friends of mine that hate them!  So I keep it to myself because I am a metal bird at heart!
I first came to love them when they released their second album, "Rush of Blood to the Head" which my brother, Scott, introduced me to.  I fell in love with first track, "Politik" and have not looked back since. 
In 2005, I had a ticket to see them live but I was eight months pregnant with Jacob at the time and it was not advisable that I went! I was so gutted but in 2008, I finally got the chance to see them. We were right at the front at the O2 arena in London so had the best view of them touring with their fourth album, "Viva La Vida and Death to All His Friends."


I also got to see them live at Wembley Stadium the following year, which was just as good and with a similar view!


Now, with their latest album, Mylo Xyloto, released, I wonder what it is about Coldplay that I love so much.  Well, lead singer, Chris Martin, really knows how to pull at my heartstrings through a melody.  His lyrics capture everything I would imagine my poetry to sound like and when putting all this together in a song, I have found my perfect combination.

My top 5 favourite Coldplay songs:
1 - Politik
2 - The Scientist
3 - Fix You
4 - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
5 - Lovers In Japan

My top 5 least favourite Coldplay Songs:
1 - God Put A Smile Upon My Face
2 - Paradise
3 - Clocks
4 - The Hardest Part
5 - Talk

And then their live shows encapsulate everything they stand for.  Its a magnificent colour show, their songs in technicolour, with paper butterflies falling from the sky, globes with the band singing live on above your head, and Dad dancing from Chris Martin himself!
I dont care that people hate the band, they aren't to everyones liking, but they still won the Q Award for Best Band In the World Today so that must be saying something!  Coldplay hit the formula for good music and I hope they continue for many more years.
My Love For Coldplay







No comments:

Post a Comment