Saturday 29 October 2011

Saturday 9s - Halloween Theme

There are many blog posts at the moment about Halloween and I have yet to do mine!  So, I am tying it in with the Saturday 9s meme!


1. Do you enjoy holidays like Halloween or is your approach more robotic?
I used to enjoy Halloween, I like the atmosphere and fun of it all, but this year, I have been quite stressed with moving so I have given it a miss!


2. Have you ever been to a haunted house?
Ooh no, and you probably wont catch me going to one either!  The closest I got was at Alton Towers,a ride called Hex, set in a big castle and I was scared whitless!


3. What are you doing for Halloween this year?
Moving!  Well, packing my home up anyway!  On the actual day, I will be working the night shift at work so hopefully that will have its fun moments!


4. What was your lamest Halloween costume ever?
I like to think my costumes have been quite creative! (althought judging by the pictures below, I seem to have an ongoing trend for being a witch, lame!)


5. Is handing out candy fun for you, or more of a nightmare?
That side of it is a nightmare, especially living on the first floor of a flat, as traipsing down the stairs every two minutes is not my idea of fun!


6. Do you buy trick-or-treat candy and end up eating it yourself?

Ha, no, my son probably would help himself to some though!

7. Did you carve any pumpkins this year?
No, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to start!


8. What was your favorite costume as a child?
We did not really dress up for Halloween as a child, thats why I like to do it more as an adult!


9. What is your biggest pet peeve about trick-or-treaters?
When their tricks are designed to destroy or cause mess!  And the fact that they call every second of every hour!
So this year, we are really not celebrating Halloween, which I am a bit gutted about but we have no time!  And my son is not too bothered.  In previous years I have had a Halloween party at home, gone to a Halloween party at a nightclub and taken Jacob trick or treating.  So, I see it as taking a year off this year!  And considering I am busy packing up our home, I dont have the time to be buying sweets and fancy dress costumes!
  Instead, I will celebrate on my blog, with a collection of photos of our celebrations of previous Halloweens!


This was me last year, taken at work! I was a waitressing witch and made the shift even more interesting!



2009, and this was taken very late in the evening, judging by the fact my red hair is showing through my purple wig!


2008, and sensing an ongoing witchy theme here!  Note to self, must try and be more imaginative next time I dress up for Halloween!












1 comment:

  1. I like to think the same about my costumes come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete