Friday 13 January 2012

31 Blog Posts - Day 10

10th January
What makes a good friend?

I am a firm believer in friendship being a two way thing.  If one person is all take, take, take while the other gives it all to them, its never going to work.
  I have a very close unit of friends, I don't need thousands of friends to make me feel special because the ones I do have, already make me feel like that.  I have never had an argument with any of them, we have never fallen out and I know they would do anything for me, just as I would them. 
These are the traits that my closest friends show that makes a good friend:

  • They remember important dates and make a bigger deal of them than I do!
  • They go out of their way to help in my hour of need, even if I haven't asked them to
  • They send text because they remembered they haven't spoken to me in a week, just to see how I am
  • They make me laugh
  • They never. ever judge me for my weirdo attributes, unique style and bad taste in music!
  • They are there when I least expect them to be
  • They are selfless
There are many more reasons but you get the idea.  I try to give back to them as much as I can, (I'm the only one at the moment with a child so its harder to give back as much!) but I am sure they know I would do the same for them at any moment, and they must be my friends for a reason so sometimes you dont always need to give back.



No comments:

Post a Comment