Saturday 14 January 2012

Listography - Top 5 Tips for Bloggers

Oh no, a really, really hard list for me this week.  I almost feel like I don't have a right to participate in this week's Listography but Kate said it does not matter how long you have been blogging for to answer this so I will take her advice and pray!  I have been blogging for 9 months now, and I am still learning as I go along.  So this list will be based on the things that have helped me to keep going with my blog, even when I thought there was never anyone reading it!


My top five tips for blogging are:

1:  Keep it fresh - I feel that it shows your readers that you care about them if you are constantly coming up with new ideas, new pictures, and sometimes even a new page layout to show you care, to show that you are putting in the effort and to keep new ways of showing who you are as a blogger.  For me, this makes it more fun and keeps readers guessing what you may come up with next!


2:  Join in with challenges - To keep me on my toes, I have joined the Day Zero Project and the 365 Day Photo Challenge so that even if I ran out of ideas for posts, I always have these to inspire me and keep me going!  They have both generated my highest stats too so I know people are visiting my pages through these projects, plus I have so much fun challenging myself and giving me something to do!

3:  Join in with memes, link ups and giveaways - not only do these generate many a page view and visitors to your blog, but I have also met some great people and had so much fun seeing the different themes every week and thinking about how I will participate even if some subjects are hard!  My favourite link ups are The Gallery, Mix Tape Mondays and of course, Listography!

4:  Read and comment on other blogs - Not only is it polite, but I have also been inspired by reading other blogs.  To comment, I never really did this at first unless I felt strongly about something but now I realise that not only can commenting get you some readers too, but it also helps the blogger!  When I receive comments, I get that lovely warm feeling that somone has taken their time to comment, so to do the same for someone else is great!  I also enjoy seeing what other people have to say, what things they have come up with and their take on blogging.

5:  Join networks such as twitter and facebook - The banes of my life!  But they have given me the most followers and any excuse to go on these sites always helps!  Networked blogs is a site on these social networks that keeps my followers updated automatically so I don't have to remind them myself to look at any new posts.

Wow, I got through it!  Those were the best I could come up with, so now Im popping over to Kate Takes 5 to see what tips others can give me!

10 comments:

  1. That's a great list. I am never sure what kind of blogger I am, but time and time again just come back to the keeping it relevant fo rmyself but trying to write in a way which keeps interest. Definitely agree on the link ups and challenges- it measn you get introduced to lots of fab blogs for inspiration.
    Excellent post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it fresh is a great one, its easy to get stuck in doing the same kind of posts and visiting the same places.
    Laughed about the bane of my life bit. reckon a few of us would be happier without fb and twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, networked blogs I'm a member of but didn't realise they linked to twitter & facebook. Off to go and check that out - anything that means I don't have to visit all 3 each time I write a post has to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls, wasnt sure if my tips would be good eough but you have reassured me that I am on the right track! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good tips and advice. It's very hard to keep things fresh all the time, but that's what keeps people coming back.
    Keith (www.reluctanthousedad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing how important commenting is - imagine we will be seeing this in a few other entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plus you've still got word verification on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for posting your list... do take word verification off it is a pain in the proverbial ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right, i have take note of your comments and fingers crossed, the word verification should be off now! I know how annoying it can be to use and sometimes puts me off commeting!If its still on, please inform me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea that we should 'keep it fresh'!! This is a great tip because it helps us always pay attention to new ideas, innovations and even new bloggers. Excellent list of tips.

    ReplyDelete