Thursday 31 May 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 19 - A Difficult Time in My Life

Day 19 - A Difficult Time in My Life

Ooh there has been a few, I could write a book about it!
  This will always be the most difficult period in my life, bar none. To cut a very long story short, I was once married to my son Jacobs' dad, he had an addiction to drugs which led to me and my son dealing with social services and being placed in a woman's refuge for 5 months away from family and friends.  I then had to rebuild my life from scratch as a single parent, getting a divorce and living on benefits. 
  The happy ending for me and my son is that we now live in a gorgeous home, with my fiance, a baby on the way and a steady job.  Unfortunately, my son's Dad passed away last year and I then had to contend with dealing with my son's reaction to this, not only now but in the future.
 I would not change what happened if I could as it made me a better person and I learnt alot from it.  However I wish I could have removed my son from the situation as he did not deserve to be in the middle of it all.  It has made me a better parent for it though and he is a joy to bring up.
  I cannot say anything else will ever top what happened, as being a very traumatic and life changing event which I would not wish on my worst enemy.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment