Tuesday 12 June 2012

31 Day Blog Challenge - Day 27 - Where Have I Travelled

Day 27 - Where Have I Travelled?

I have been fortunate to have travelled to many places but wish it could have been more!  I love travelling, I am a proper tourist when I go away and even love the plane/ train/ car part in getting to my destination!  Here is my list of places I have travelled to :

Europe -

Iceland - the best experience I have had, I went when I was studying Geography for A Levels and here we walked on glaciers, sat in between earthquake cracks, swam in the Blue Lagoon, got stuck in a river surrounded by volcanoes and stood next to exploding geysers!  Its an experience that still lives with me today and I hope to go back there one day and do it all again!  My only regret is I had one of those old cameras that you put film into, and it turns out none of my photos came out!  I had to have a few copies from a friend that I have kept to prove I went!




Ibiza - I have been to Ibiza 16 times, most of which was with my family and then the bug continued into my teens.  As a kid, it was a magical place, playing on the beach and going to kids club.  As I got older, I wanted to explore the island more as we used to stay in the same resort, so I have experienced the clubbing side and the tranquil side.  Club's Eden and Manumission were pretty good, water party by day at Eden and live sex shows at Manumission by night!  I have even taken a boat to Ibiza's sister island, Formentera, where the sea was clear and there was no man made buildings anywhere.  I have been to Cafe Del Mar to watch the sunset and my fiance proposed to me on the beach!  The only thing I have yet to do is visit the famous castle in the capital city of Ibiza town which I plan to do one day.



Paris - Visited Paris in February this year with my two best friends, I wanted to explore the city and explore we did!  We saw everything we wanted to, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre and the Moulin Rouge, all in the rain and all with me being 12 weeks pregnant!





The UK -

I have been all over Britain, from Glasgow down to Devon. I feel its important to explore our own country as it has so much to give and still surprises me.  I remember going to Brecon Beacons in Wales for a school trip which involved gorge walking, cave exploring and absailing.
  I have been to the Isle of Wight with an ex boyfriend for Valentines Day, Centre Parcs whilst pregnant with my son and Butlins for a family week away.  My Dad used to hold annual music quizzes so that involved the whole family going to either Yorkshire, Hatfield or some other destination.  I have yet to explore the Midlands properly, having passed through and I would like to see more of Wales.  I also feel I have seen every part of London, all the sights, all the museums and all the fabulous things it holds!  And I have also found my favourite destination so far in England, Brighton!



I definetely have the travel bug but with kids and a lifestyle that prevents me, this has been put on hold until I can do it!  That's not to say having kids would stop me, I really want them to see as much as the world as they can.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment