Wednesday 26 December 2012

Goodbye 2012 - Top 10 Favourite Songs

Last year on my blog I said goodbye to the year by writing a number of posts of my highlights of the year.  So I am doing it again this year!
  First up, we start with a list of my top ten favourite songs of the year.
Its not been the best year for music for me, nothing really stood out for me and I only went to four gigs which is about a quarter of what I normally do!  But the bands that I am a huge fan of have not disappointed me in 2012.  Coldplay continued to tour their 2011 album Mylo Xyloto and I was lucky enough to see their amazing show at the Emirates on the day of the Jubilee show so the atmosphere was electric and the show was full of glitter, balls, fireworks and smoke machines!  The band were constantly on our screens throughout the year and my favourite highlight was them closing the Paralympics ceremony.
  Steps made their long awaited comeback and I am not ashamed to say how pleased I was!  I loved them ten years ago and this was a great opportunity to reminisce my teenage years, so I saw them at the o2 in London!  It was the ultimate cheese fest and I thouroughly enjoyed dancing to all their songs and surprised myself at how I remembered all the moves!
  Muse brought out their 6th studio album, 2nd Law, as well as writing and performing the Olympic song.  Their album is full of experiments and heavily influenced by Queen in places as well as some dubstep thrown in!  I got to see them with last minute tickets sold to me and it was an amazing light and laser show!
  My favourite christmas song, the Power of Love by Frankie goes to Hollywood, was covered twice at the end of this year.  It was used in the John Lewis advert and sang by Gabrielle Aplin, a beautiful and haunting version which sent goosebumps down my spine and made the nation weep with their portrayal of two snowmen in love!  Then James Arthur covered this version on the X Factor with a slight dubstep beat thrown in!


So with this in mind, here are my top ten tunes of 2012!

10 - Spector - Friday Night
  9 - Walk the Moon - Ana Sun
  8 - Two Door Cinema Club - Sleep Alone
  7 - Noel Gallagher - What A Life
  6 - Coldplay - Princess of China
  5 - Paloma Faith - Never Tear Us Apart
  4 - Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait
  3 - Gabrielle Aplin - Power of Love
  2 - Muse - Madness
  1 - Maccabees - Feel to Follow

                                                                                 x

No comments:

Post a Comment